Friday, 5 December 2014

Van Gaalactico - Word On The Street - Manchester United





The rumors keep flying in from different media outlets regarding the transfer situation at Old Trafford.

Reports from various media outlet have made indications that Manchester United are set to go on a Winter Spending Spree with the view of getting at least One World Class Player in every position at the club.

 (Photo Credit: mirror.co.uk)

Louis Van Gaal will be handed another war chest in excess of 150 million pounds in order to build a squad capable of competing with Europe's elite -- or Southampton at the very least (ESPN). The report also indicates that A number of British newspapers have revealed that the club are encouraged by the progress Van Gaal has already made at Old Trafford. Given the funds available, the coach will look to mimic Real Madrid's Galactico policy and aim to secure a world-class player in every position -- building the "Van Gaalacticos," if you will.

If these reports are true, then it's safe to say that the powers that be at Old Trafford (The Glazer), must be really impressed with the "progress" seen within the Manchester United Squad thanks to Van Gaal because after splashing about 153 million pounds in the summer, you'd have thought they (The Glazer) might decide to tighten their belts and hold off on new recruits at Manchester United.

With that said who are the ‘rumored’ targets in mind?

Per reports on ESPN, Van Gaal will present a list of possible transfer targets to Ed Woodward which will include Bayern Munich's Arjen Robben, Borussia Dortmund's Mats 
Hummels, Roma's Kevin Strootman, Barcelona's Dani Alves and Atletico Madrid's Diego Godin in order to build a world-class defence and bolster his midfield options further. The Daily Mirror states that Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus is also a transfer target, but he could join Bayern Munich, while GiveMeSport have a report which sees PSG's Edinson Cavani rumored as a possible target stating that Manchester United are hoping to secure a £70 million double deal for Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani and Borussia Dortmund winger Marco Reus in January. It is also worth noting that Manchester United isn’t the only club chasing the signature of both players. Cavani is wanted by both Arsenal and Liverpool, according to fresh reports in the Daily Star, while Reus is on the radar of Liverpool and Chelsea.

Where does this leave most of the players currently ploughing their trades at United? 
Report on ESPN states that the club makes a huge amount from their improved commercial division, though another substantial summer outlay will reportedly be tempered by as many as 10 more players leaving the club. The Guardian and Daily Mail report that the likes of Anders Lindegaard, Anderson, Nani, Javier Hernandez, Tom Cleverly, Nick Powell, Wilfried Zaha, Reece James and Michael Keane are all likely to leave, with big question marks over Radamel Falcao's loan move being made permanent.
Furthermore, with one year left in the contracts of Robin van Persie, Ashley Young, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Rafael next summer, seems like it's going to be a busier transfer window for Ed Woodward now and especially in the summer.
Oh well, in other news coming out of Sky Sports, Louis Van Gaal is a bit upset with the whole transfer talk. He is quoted as saying, "It is disrespectful to my players and I don't like to talk about it. I have to work with the selection I have and I have respect for that. I believe in players, so that is my answer.
Van Gaal believes the stories will have an adverse effect on United's transfer business and said: "I think it's disgusting always writing about numbers. I don't think (executive vice-chairman) Ed Woodward said anything about it and nor have I.
"I don't think money is the question in this. When Manchester United comes, the club are always asking for more money because we are Manchester United. Maybe you recognise that when I'm saying it.

"Do you know how many players we lost? Never have you said that. Never have I read that in the media. We have lost more players. “Do you think Southampton are paying too much for their players? I don't think so - because it's Southampton. There is always a relationship between Real Madrid and United and teams like Aston Villa and Southampton.


Keeping our fingers crossed on this. I wonder how United fans around the world handle all this.


No comments:

Post a Comment