Why the Discrimination /
Racial Profiling? It's really not a nice sight to behold, regardless of who's
involved or the logic behind it. It's just SAD.....
Simple.
Reports indicate that a man
from London by the name of Meghary Yemane-Tesfagiorgis boarded an EasyJet
flight heading to London from Fiumicino airport in Rome. Just before
the plane was to take off, he was informed by the captain that he had to vacate
the plane. Why? A female passenger had complained that she didn't feel safe
with him on the plane.
REALLY?????!!!!!!
He was then escorted out of
the plane by Armed Police Men and detained for Fifteen (15) Hours, and was been
questioned by Italian Authorities at the airport's police station.
![]() |
| Courtesy: metro.co.uk |
This
is what Meghary had to say (Per ITV):
"After
a 20 minute delay the captain explained a technical fault with luggage and
informed us that the flight will commence shortly. After
a few minutes, cabin crew emerged and asked 'Is there a passenger with the last
name of Yemane-Tesfagiorgis on board? 'I replied 'Yes', assuming that it was my
luggage that was the issue. I was then asked to come to the front of the
cabin where I was greeted by armed police. I was asked to leave the plane
by the captain, when asked why, he explained: 'A fellow passenger has stated
that she does not feel safe with you on board."
'I
was then directed by the police to the airport police station,' he said. 'I was
subjected to further questioning and intimidation by the Italian authorities
before being left to sit in the airport for further 15 or so hours.' (DailyMail
UK)
He
went on to say, "I felt violated", he told ITV
News London. 'It was racial profiling. If she feels uncomfortable,
she should get off the plane". Mr Yemane-Tesfagiorgis says he is
seeking legal advice.

A statement has been released
by EasyJet stating that, 'EasyJet can confirm that flight EZY5258 from Rome
Fiumicino to London Gatwick on 29 March 2016 was delayed due to the police
requesting that additional security checks were undertaken before departure.' 'Mr
Yemane-Tesfagiorgis was questioned by the authorities as a result of another
passenger reporting concerns about his behaviour.
'The safety and security of
its passengers and crew is our highest priority and airlines have to take any
security-related concerns seriously.
'EasyJet rebooked Mr
Yemane-Tesfagiorgis on the next flight from Rome to Gatwick after the
authorities confirmed they were satisfied he could travel.'

No comments:
Post a Comment